[MUD-Dev] Revenues

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Jul 26 16:21:38 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 19:59, Matt Mihaly wrote:
> From: Erik Zwerling
>> Rafael Seabra [mailto:rafael at jynx.com.br] wrote:

>>> Which the best revenues beyond the subscribers in MMORPG?

>> I'm personally interested in the pay for item strategy recently
>> seen in Asian online offerings such as found in Gunbound by
>> SoftFX and Conquer by TQ Digital.

>> In this model, there are no regular subscription fees, but
>> players can pay real money to obtain in-game items/features.  For
>> the hard-core gamer, this is a fast way to improve your
>> characters and/or their possessions without having to go through
>> the usual leveling churn.

> That's been the business model we (Iron Realms) have used since
> 1998. It works well provided you design the game to take into
> account the business model.  >

What could happend if you don't take care when setting up such a
buisness model ;)

---------------------------------------

  Feature options

  1) Level Up       100$
  2) Extra class    200$
  3) Own guild      300$
  4) Own country    400$
  5) Win game      1000$

  Choose: 5
  1000$ has been deducted from your accnt 765752343
  You win the game, congratulatios.