[MUD-Dev] [NEWS] Warhammer Online Cancelled -- Why?

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 14:13:11 CEST 2004

>From this week's MCV (print magazine), which I received this
morning:

--------8<----------------
  CLIMAX MMOG COULD SURVIVE

  Des[ite Games Workshop telling its investors that its ambitious
  Warhammer Online MMORPG had been canned, developer Climax is
  confident that some - or even all - of the project could be
  salvaged.

  At the start of the week, GW told the City it was terminating the
  project (due to be published by Sega), "following a full review of
  the progress, costs to date and cuture costs of the project."

  The decision to close it came when it was clear the initial costs
  wouldn't be covered.

  Karl Jeffery, Climax CEO, explained to MCV: "The game itself is
  golden, and the studio working on the game is still busy - now
  we're just taking the chance to present the game to potential
  partners.

Looks like they haven't given up hope yet, then.

		Richard