[MUD-Dev] China practically bans online gaming?

Sulka Haro sulka at sulake.com
Thu May 27 08:50:40 CEST 2004

Two Finnish online versions of respectable IT magazines are claiming
that China has banned all online games which don't have a written
qualification from the cultural ministry of China.

One of the articles can be found at

  http://www.tietoviikko.fi/doc.te?f_id=588879

and the other site (on Mikropc.net) which is quoted as the source by
Tietoviikko doesn't let non-subscribers to read articles older than
a day.

I sent the sites a query for the source of the news but haven't got
a reply.

Has anyone else seen this anywhere? I tried Googling for articles on
this but am finding nada so I expect one of the journalists had a
slow day but needed to come up with a couple stories.

sulka

--

:: Sulka Haro
:: Systems Designer, Sulake Labs

Sulake Labs | Unioninkatu 13 | 00130 Helsinki, Finland
http://www.sulake.com | tel +358 9 681 2270 | fax +358 9 681 22722