[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Online adventure games

Mike Rozak Mike at mxac.com.au
Thu May 27 10:43:40 CEST 2004

Tracy Lee wrote:

> I'm actually on a team creating a game that will be an on-line
> adventure game, though there will be drawbacks to this set-up as
> well.

> We're going to set it up so that it runs lile a pencil-and-paper
> RPG, but the game engine will take care of the mechanics like
> rolling the dice, tracking damage, and keeping track of who's turn
> it is.  It's a graphical interface, so players will be able to
> "visualize" what's going on.  We've done of a scrimmage and one of
> an RP reckoning, though further gameplay is being suspended until
> we can complete the game.

I'll be interested to hear how this turns out. I've had thoughts
about using a GM and party, as you describe, but I've been concerned
about the liklihood of players actually logging on when they're
supposed to, combined with the level of real-time tools needed by
the GM. (And how to accomplish virtual pizza delivery...)

Mike Rozak
http://www.mxac.com.au