[MUD-Dev] OpenTNL and DirectPlay (hardware acceleration)

Harlan Beverly hbomb at fastai.com
Thu Oct 21 18:11:02 CEST 2004

--- Jeremy Noetzelman <jjn at kriln.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Harlan Beverly wrote:

> Other APIs such as ENet and RakNet have been used for
> professionally published games.  I am unaware of any games that
> use OpenTNL.

Thanks for that clarification.  I also know about Directplay being
depricated... but rumors are XNA will have something similar in it.

Thanks for the ENet and RakNet ideas, I'll check them out.  Are
there any other Game Networking programming APIs?  Is there one that
is considered the most common?  Is there one that is considered the
best?

Thanks,
Harlan