[MUD-Dev] Tuplespaces and MUDs

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Sep 3 04:45:13 CEST 2004

Are tuplespaces interesting for game development?  What would be
needed to make them more interesting?

Recently I've had the opportunity to talk with the various
tuplespace people at Yale.  We've spent a while talking about how
tuplespaces could be effectively used in game development, and how
and what extensions could make them more attractive and useful to
the field.  For instance we discussed making tuplespaces friendly to
supporting variously complex and fuzzy ontologies storage needs by
extending the key types for the tuples in the tuplespace into being
variously complex graph structures -- while retaining the current
high lookup performance. As academics at Yale and as representatives
of Scientific Computing Associates[1] they are very interested in
seeing what can be done and what and where the interesting questions
are.

It doesn't seem a bad conversation to start.

  [1] SCA are the commercial inheritors of the tuplespace crown.

--
J C Lawrence