[MUD-Dev] On grouping, thoughts

Mike Oxford szii at sziisoft.com
Wed Feb 16 19:14:55 CET 2005

Jason Downs wrote:

> It doesn't look like that actually interfaces to any games, rather
> it's just a standalone IM system.  That's just from looking at the
> site, though.  The screen shot looks kind of obvious that's a
> standalone system...

You are correct - it is a fully standalone system.  Ingame messages
show up as a semi-transparent overlay.  This has the advantage of
"you do not need to be in a game to talk to people inside of
various=20 games."  ie, I can be at work at 4pm PST and talk to the
guy playing WoW (who's at home already since he's on the East
Coast.)

It has the disadvantage of letting you find out what you're missing
because you're still stuck at work... *grin*

-Mike/Szii