[MUD-Dev] Alternative team based approaches to game-play

Johan A asteroid at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:47:03 CET 2005

olag at ifi.uio.no wrote:

> Anyone seen designs like this in practice?

> What are the problems with this approach? (well, except the
> identity issues)

EQ2 has its Group XP debt. Instead of people looking out for
eachother, people are now very reluctant to group with people they
don't know.  Unexperienced MMO players are already reluctant to
group and adding things like this only makes it worse when they
receive alot of abuse for messing up and causing harm to the entire
group.

As for only being disabled when your HP bar reach zero when near a
team mate, I personaly is not too keen on this. I beleive there
should be penalties for dieing. UOX had a similar I think where you
only were dissabled and got to keep your buffs and all.

- Johan