[MUD-Dev] Subjective test facilities

Michael Hartman michael at thresholdrpg.com
Wed Jul 13 10:50:15 CEST 2005

Richard A. Bartle wrote:

> Would developers be interested in being able to observe the
> effects of lag, latency, audio and video degradation under their
> direct control in laboratory conditions? Or is knowing the ping
> enough?

I think this is something that needs some SERIOUS study. We all know
that ping is one very tiny piece of data that does not even begin to
give the whole network picture.

Figuring out how to transmit larger amounts of multimedia data more
efficiency, more reliably, and at the highest quality possible is
vital. We know so little about how to do this well.

--
Michael Hartman, J.D. (http://www.thresholdrpg.com)
President & CEO, Threshold Virtual Environments, Inc.