[MUD-Dev] Re:

Morris Cox morriscox at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 05:27:08 CEST 2005

On 6/10/05,  "Paul McInnes" <paulmc at syd.microforte.com.au> wrote:

> A related question is whether the "mainstream" MMO audience care
> about this kind of investment in a community. The success of WoW
> (as a fairly solo-playing oriented MMO) might suggest otherwise
> but I think that as the commercial graphical MMO medium matures,
> we will see players hungry for a deeper social involvement.

I agree with you. The thing is, we can come up with good ideas, but
what's the odds of us being able to implement them? Cost is a huge
part (especially for graphical games) with experience not far
behind.  What's the likelihood of someone with a great idea getting
somewhere with it? We know some of the barriers. Reinventing the
wheel and intellectual property are just two. A focus on removing
the barriers to game development/design should make it easier for
novel ideas to come out.

--
Morris Cox