[MUD-Dev] Blog about GDC implies changes to MMORPG population

Mike Rozak Mike at mxac.com.au
Wed Mar 23 00:03:00 CET 2005

Vladimir Cole wrote:

> My sense of things from polling guildmates and other online
> acquaintances is that almost all of them spent some time in both
> EQ2 and WoW (many had beta accounts in both). Assuming that
> players aren't increasing their time, this would necessarily
> result in less time spent per game.

Interesting.

Do you (or anyone) know if this behavior is becoming more common
than it used to be? (I assumed that most players would only want to
shell out $15/month to one VW at a time, unless there was a special
bundle.)

If someone spends their time split betweent two games, do they stay
with each game 2x as month months (at 1/2 the hours/month)? Or do
they spend the name number of months at 1/2 the hours/month?

Mike Rozak
http://www.mxac.com.au