[MUD-Dev] Dynamic Descriptions

Bernard Graham bernardgraham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:12:28 CET 2005

Hi there

Has anyone ever created a workable dynamic description-solution for
their muds.  I am delving into this and would like to get some
pointers and ideas.

Things I have started to think about include having weather, time of
day and seasons affect the description.  Also, how would you
properly implement smells and even things like the size of a room,
for example, if you are in a small room it might feel
claustrophobic, whereas if you are on a road inside a town it might
feel "open".

If anybody has any interesting ideas I would like to hear about it.

Regards,

Bernard