[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Role playing and Voice Chat

P J munry01 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 10:07:03 CEST 2005

Been following this discussion.

I use voice a LOT, matter of fact, once I got used to it - when I'm
teamed with folks that don't have it it's sorely missed.

I don't think it adds anything to RPing, however, I've already
developed a split personality where I can be immersed - and pay
attention to what's around me at the same time, it doesn't HURT
anything either.

I guess I always presumed the reason companies didn't enable it
themselves was either bandwidth concerns - or it being totally
unpoliceable for harrassment, etc.

Turn-based MMO play I think about every time I see my hubby pull out
his old Final Fantasies. It's not THAT far-fetched to have a group
warp to a fighting 'dimension' as it were - would certainly be
different than anything I've seen so far.