[MUD-Dev] Custom Client or Plain ole' Telnet?

Lydia Leong lwl at black-knight.org
Tue Sep 20 20:32:41 CEST 2005

On Sep 17,  1:13pm, Matt Chatterley wrote:

> From just the short list above, I think the playing experience
> could benefit from a custom client - but perhaps a mixed approach
> would work? Have the bits above and more available for those who
> install the client, but make sure the game can be played through
> telnet as well?

You could consider doing something halfway in between, and, assuming
you're using a traditional MUD software base and aren't planning to
implement a driver from scratch, use something that's Pueblo-enabled
to develop your game. Clients that can support Pueblo usually
support a subset of HTML, including the ability to display graphics.

	-- Lydia