[MUD-Dev2] [BIZ ] Project Darkstar - revisited after the last visit

Bristle bristle2008 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 11:07:00 CEST 2007

After my last post about the confusing license from Sun concerning the
game server, I found two interesting things. Now I remember that that
initial intend of SGS was to sell hardware for ISP/NOC centers.  So the
developer version was a gift for an early peek of the SDK.

But here are the two items that got my attention:

-first the open source of Java Standard Edition, under GPL 2. I assume
that happened
-then the GPL 2 open source license to Project  Darkstar
http://www.projectdarkstar.com/

I am so pleased with this that I am just about ready to read Java &
Brain Surgery in 24 hours book. No actually I want it on audio CD so I
can learn while I drive.

I hope that someone with a lot more technical knowledge than I have will
also look at Project Darkstar.