[DGD] socket() failed

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Sep 2 00:24:25 CEST 1998

I tried to run DGD 1.1p6a on a different Win95 computer, and this is
the error I got (and which I remember from testing a year ago).  I
see no differences in the installation of both computers, they both
have the same patches installed, but it's working on one and not on
the other.

Further testing reveals that the one which runs 1.1p6a also runs
1.1p6 without problems -- while not connected to a local network
or to the internet.  It appears that I was too quick in thinking
this problem solved.