[DGD] DGD compile

Scott Maasen scottm at wwn.net
Thu Sep 3 02:02:57 CEST 1998

To: Wim van der Vegt.

I'm currently running the 1_1p6 version of DGD for win32 that I downloaded,
but any version with ANSI that runs would be great!  I also have been
working on the Heaven7 lib.  Although I quickly gave up trying to directly
import it.  Instead I've been using it as a reference from which to get
ideas from and rewrite it on a piece-by-piece basis.  I've also worked on
lib design from 2 other muds and am incorperating ideas from those muds
too.
I have no idea what pizza places deliver in the Netherlands.. But I do have
a relative that lives there *Jan Maasen*  and worst case scenario I'll ship
her the ingrediants and have her deliver one to you *grins*.  I also have
little idea of currency rates and language barriers to a pizza delivery
attempt.. but I'm willing to investigate it.  Either way I'd be interested
in sharing some of the lib work I've done if it will help you with your
work on Heaven7.  I'm not sure I understand though how you are doing it..
are you changing DGD to match up with the lib?  I'm trying to change the
lib to match up with DGD here.  I don't know the best way to hook up with
you on the file transfer though.. I can FTP, ICQ, or *let me get it
straightened out again* have you send it to my space on my ISP's web area.
Right now I don't have a fixed IP address * I should have one in a month or
two.. waiting on a company here to get online that I know offers fixed*  so
the people that log into me get my IP from the ICQ program and then log
into my port 1998.  I need to get some sort of FTP going with my binary
port.. I don't know if that's been done yet.. but I've worked on muds that
had that working, gotta hunt that down.  My ICQ number is 17153526.  If you
don't have access to ICQ you could attach the file to the email.. or
failing that I'll get you an address to FTP to.. then I'll FTP it from
there.
    I would REALLY appreciate an 'exe' with the ANSI.. any other patches
would be fine too.. the 'exe' you have would be fine also if you don't want
to try to compile a new version.  I'm also fascinated with trying to figure
out how to send you a pizza.  I may be totally off base though.. Pizza
could be unpopular over there.. or maybe not delivered.  Hmm.  Include with
the email some place that delivers, can take Visa, speaks english, and how
and when to deliver it.  *this may be a quest in itself*

Thanks!
Scott Maasen
scottm at wwn.net
scottm at ipa.net  *prefered email address although this list is going to the
other.. going to switch it when I get past this ANSI thing.*