[DGD] Re: FTP

Wim van der Vegt wvd_vegt at knoware.nl
Thu Sep 10 14:16:51 CEST 1998

Hi,

Don't forget the biggest disadvantage of a build-in ftp server, if the mud
won't restart (for example because you made a type in a new driver object),
the ftp server isn't of much use as it won;t start either.

For the ftp protocol, it's not that hard, i wrote one once in lpc that even
adjusted the filesystem show to the user to the parts of the mud he/she was
supposed to see (ie it left out the directories posing a security risk if
anyone would have edit access to). I know a couple of other lpc programmers
have their versions too.

---------
Wim van der Vegt / Open University of the Netherlands, dep. OTEC