[DGD] Re: Ftp server and defining of __ICHAT__

Wim van der Vegt wvd_vegt at knoware.nl
Sat Sep 12 12:29:39 CEST 1998

Hi,

I guess you still have to read the rfc more carefully. Ftp has one port it
listens to for commands and which can accept as much connections as your
computer can supply. The other connection's port number depends on wether
you use PASV mode or normal mode. In normal mode the client supports a port
number the server connects to. In PASV mode it's the other way round and the
server starts listening to a port for incoming data connections.

Wim van der Vegt

Btw i'll e-mail you my ftp server so you can have a look at it. It supports
most commands and already contains all the response messages and code to
handle the possible returns codes etc. It will save you a lot of typing i
guess.