[DGD] Re: PASV mode and ports for ftp server

Wim van der Vegt wvd_vegt at knoware.nl
Sat Sep 12 13:15:16 CEST 1998

Hi,

It's for the client to say if they want pasv or normal mode, it's for the
server to implement one or both.

When i wrote my ftpd i implemented both (the client must issue a pasv
command to enter pasv mode, so it's possible to switch during a ftp
session). Because of strange problems in timing i had to remove pasv mode
(ie outcomment it).

Wim van der Vegt