[DGD]Suggestions anyone?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Feb 11 22:31:08 CET 1999

Dear MUD Account <mud at hal9000.hal9000.net.au>,

> Hi people, I wouldnt be bothering anyone over this but Im basically
> stumped.  I made an archive of a DGD executeable, plus the mudlib Im
> working on for a friend of mine.
> I set it up in such a way that all she has to do is run the
> self-executing archive, and then run the program.  Ive tested it on other
> machines and havent had any problems.
> Im afraid Win95 isnt really my area - Im more a UN*X bod - Shes running
> Win95a but it doesnt appear to be a network problem.
> I cant quote the error message exactly as ICQ crashed recently and I lost
> my history list, but it was something along the lines of:
> Incorrect path blah blah.

I'll hazard a guess and say that it is probably an error in the
config file, perhaps -- in spite of all assurances to the contrary --
due to extracting it in the wrong directory or on the wrong disk?
It would help if you could produce the exact errormessage.  Indeed,
your request for help is utterly useless without it :)

Another possibility: the self-extracting archive is incomplete and
depends on files not included, which are present on your harddisk
but not on hers.

>[...]
> While Im about it - any help pages out there on adding kfuns to the
> driver.  Im not a beginner C coder, nor am I what Id call extremely
> experienced - or maybe 7 years of DIKU MUD C programming has fried my
> brain, but Im afraid Im having probs following your variable names and
> layout Dworkin :)  Cant rule out my having a low IQ either :)

Easiest way: find an existing kfun which is closest in arguments and
return value to the new kfun you want to make, copy it, and adapt it.
The frame structure is defined in dgd/src/interpret.h.