[DGD]mac dgd question

William Jackman jackman at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sat Feb 13 03:35:48 CET 1999

DGD aficionados,
	Perhaps one of you may be able to help me with my problem. I
have been running a private mud using dgd 1.1 (of various p#s) on a
68040 macintosh for almost two years now with a
ever-increasingly-modified 2.4.5 mudlib. What I would like to do now
is to be able to write objects which can make network connections
outside the mud. For instance, a newspaper which can grab text from a
web page each day, or a machine which can control the weather based
on real weather data on the web. I have found some information about
DGD Net version 10, but I am afraid that I lack the coding experience
required to modify the DGD driver and/or the mudlib enough to be able
to get it to work--in fact, I'm not even sure which this package
modifies.
	Can anybody tell me if, and if, how, I could make a
networkable mudlib/driver on my mac? Or, does anybody have a
2.4.5-based mudlib or macintosh-compiled DGD driver which they would
be kind enough to give me, which would allow extra-mud network
connections? Examples of objects which make such connections would
also be of great help to me. As you can most certainly tell, I am
very much a hack--my only programming knowledge has come from playing
around with the 2.4.5 mudlib over the past two years.
	Thanks for your time.

Cheers,		Lliam