[DGD]latest win32 version

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Jan 5 15:15:23 CET 2000

Frantisek Fuka <fuxoft at terminal.cz> wrote:

> "Felix A. Croes" wrote:
> >
> > Frantisek Fuka <fuxoft at terminal.cz> wrote:
> >
> > > What's the way to enable "nil" value support in win32 DGD 1.1p7? Setting
> > > "typechecking" to "2" in cfg file (as mentioned in this list's archive)
> > > produces error.
> >
> > Alas, there isn't any way.  Support for nil is not present in the
> > 1.1pX branch.  You'll need 1.1.75 or later.
>
> Is there any archive of current (compiled) win32 versions? Are there
> other significant differences apart from the "nil" support? The latest
> version I found on pulic FTPs was the aforementioned 1.1p7. I don't own
> any compiler nor do I have any experience with compiling source code.

There isn't any, or at least, I am intentionally not compiling them,
so as to restrict usage to people familiar with compilers and compiling.
It is, after all, the experimental development branch.  It furthermore
pleases me to limit my use of Windows to the absolute minimum. :)

> > > Also, the win32 DGD console uses absolutely ugly font which is almost
> > > unreadable (at least on my Win98). Is this intentional and is there any
> > > way to change this without recompiling the driver?
> >
> > DGD uses the Windows default fixed-size font for this window.  I don't
> > know how to change that font under Windows, but I know it is possible
> > on a Mac.
>
> That's strange because my standard fixed-width font is called "Fixedsys"
> (used in all other applications including "Notepad") and the font I see
> in DGD is definitely something different (for example the characters
> seem to be about twice as wide as they are high).

I use what is supposed to be the same font for DGD, the recommended
Windows one.  My guess is that the rules are changed because your
default font is Czech.

This is definitely a bug.  I'm in the process of creating 1.1p8,
which will include a compiled version for Windows, and I'll try
to fix this...