[DGD]Characters getting lost, part 2

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jan 10 01:19:18 CET 2000

> Regarding my previous post: I found out that characters in range 80h -
> 9Fh get filetered out by DGD (it's feature, not bug), which is
> unfortunate because standard Windows encoding for Czech language
> contains characters in this range.
>
> So my questions are:
> Can I turn this filering off without re-compiling the executable?

Not as it currently stands.

> If not, what exactly should be changed in the source to allow character
> 80h-9fh through? (I am not C++ expert so please be fairly specific.) I
> will get someone to recompile the executable for me. Thanks.

Look at the ansi patch at
ftp://ftp.imaginary.com/pub/LPC/servers/DGD/pkg/ansi-1.1.tar.gz
which enables ansi escape codes to work (i.e. stops them being filtered).
This should show you how to do what you want to do.

As for recompiling, consider downloading the free Cygwin package so you can
compile things under Windows without having to purchase a compiler.  There
are also some other free Windows C compilers I believe (lcc?) which you might
want to look into.

IMO DGD shouldn't filter characters, that should be the mudlibs job.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide