[DGD]restarting the system

E. Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 17 00:44:04 CEST 2000

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Imo Wright wrote:

[...]
> My problem is this: How do I restart the system in one go, instead of
> bringing it down and bringing it back up again manually?  I must admit I
> don't know DGD too well yet, so I don't know how to use what's in finish()
> and shutdown() and then to bring it up again.  This is a gross lack of
> driver knowledge on my part, but I'm just starting out.

Which platform are you running DGD on?

Under unix I'd use a shell-script to repeatedly move logfiles around,
check if there is a statedump, and then start with or without one
depending on that.

I have no idea if it is doable to set that up on one of the other
platforms, or that it will require manual intervention.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte  -  Forever September, 2573 and counting  -  harte at xs4all.nl
[ 10:35pm  up 39 days,  3:06, 12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00 ]