[DGD]restarting the system

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Sep 18 00:52:24 CEST 2000

E. Harte wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Imo Wright wrote:
> [...]
> > My problem is this: How do I restart the system in one go, instead of
> > bringing it down and bringing it back up again manually?  I must admit I
> > don't know DGD too well yet, so I don't know how to use what's in finish()
> > and shutdown() and then to bring it up again.  This is a gross lack of
> > driver knowledge on my part, but I'm just starting out.
>
> Which platform are you running DGD on?
>
> Under unix I'd use a shell-script to repeatedly move logfiles around,
> check if there is a statedump, and then start with or without one
> depending on that.
>
> I have no idea if it is doable to set that up on one of the other
> platforms, or that it will require manual intervention.

Under Win32 you could use cygwin and its bash shell with the same shell
script, or you could write a .bat script to do something similar.

Not sure about other platforms :).

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide