[DGD]ansi again (sorry Erwin)

Imo Wright and_it_rained at email.com
Mon Sep 18 20:02:26 CEST 2000

Funny how problems seem to come in sets, but I'm getting more and more
frustrated with the ANSI, or lack of it, on DGD.  Having taken a look at the
prefab version erwin suggested, I found it to be confusing, so decided to
have a bash at writing one myself.

My problem is this.  I created a file using the normal ANSI escape codes,
and found that it worked well when I looked at it locally, using plain old
cat under the standard  linux terminal.  However, when I uploaded it onto
the mud and did the exact same thing, it didn't print the escape part of the
code, and left the rest to stand, leaving the color unchanged.

Am I missing something crucial here?  Probably, but it seems to me that an
ANSI terminal should read ansi codes from anywhere.  Is it that DGD ignores
the escape code altogether, or something else?  I'm slightly confused...

Thanks, and sorry erwin (I think it was you) for bringing up a subject that
you attacked with such ferocity again :P.

Sincerely,

--

Imogen Wright

and_it_rained at email.com