[DGD]ansi again (sorry Erwin)

Chris Kaczor zor at mediaone.net
Mon Sep 18 20:15:35 CEST 2000

> My problem is this.  I created a file using the normal ANSI escape codes,
> and found that it worked well when I looked at it locally, using plain old
> cat under the standard  linux terminal.  However, when I uploaded it onto
> the mud and did the exact same thing, it didn't print the escape part of
the
> code, and left the rest to stand, leaving the color unchanged.

I'm at work so I don't have the code in front of me - but I'm pretty sure
that DGD will not send an ESC character by default.  There is code in the
output routines to not send them.

You'll need to find the right place in the DGD source, modify the code to
allow sending an ESC, and recompile the driver.  It turns out to be a pretty
simple one line change to the code and there are patch files that you can
use or look at for an example.

Zor