[DGD]ansi again (sorry Erwin)

Imo Wright and_it_rained at email.com
Mon Sep 18 22:13:10 CEST 2000

>DGD does indeed filter escape sequences out on purpose.
*Sob*

>A) Take the hint and don't use ANSI, which is indeed damn >annoying,
What does everyone have against ansi?  Maybe it's just because i'm female,
but I think all the colors are pretty :)

>B) Don't use 'telnet' mode for the socket but 'tcp' (raw) and >write your
own telnet protocol handler in LPC. It could be >argued that the driver
shouldn't implement such a high-level >function anyway and frankly, apart
from the echo hack for when >the user enters a password, the whole telnet
protocol is kind of >pointless anyway.
Probably wouldn't know how to do that anyway, and ansi isn't really worth
THAT much trouble.

>C) The easiest; go find this piece of code in comm.c...[etc]

I tried this, but it still won't read my escapes...would it be possible to
put the escape function itself in there, as nothing seems to read '\033' as
relevant, not telnet, tinyfugue, tintin, zmud or a plain old file morer.
I'm at a loss here :)

Cheers,

--

Imogen Wright