[DGD] Problems With Melville

bkennedyjr at mindspring.com bkennedyjr at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 4 01:04:39 CET 2001

dgd at list.imaginary.com wrote:

>>Has anyone done much with Melville?  I am currently in the process of re-working Melville into a full blown mud, and there are a number of problems...

>>#2) I never got soul commands to work ... period.  And ended up having to
re-write the entire soul daemon from scratch.

the Soul Daemon is fine.  its the data file that soul_d loads on initialization that is broke.  Delete the soul.data file in the /data/system/ directory and redo it from only within the mud editor.  There seems to be some really wierd ascii characters that are messing it up.  If you don't redo it from within the mud editor it won't work.

>>#4) The editor.  Is there any source out there for a better text editor?

Personally I cheat.  Been using Visual C++ to edit all my files.  Except the soul.data file.  And depending on what client you use that could be part of any problems you have as well.  The muds editor doesn't like GMUD very much.  Zmud works fine.  I think there are a couple Linux clients that were having problems as well but I can't remember since I don't use linux or any other unix based OS.

Billie Kennedy(Dannic)