[DGD]Default Wiztool not loaded ?

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Feb 16 21:13:50 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Erwin Harte wrote:
> The /kernel/obj/ version is not much more than a wrapper around the
> /kernel/lib/wiztool.c object which contains all the functionality.

> I assume the reason there is one in the kernel is because the lib
> needs to be able to function in the default setup when there is no
> /usr/System/ to speak of.

Makes sense.

This raises kind of a meta-question: Why does the kernel
use a wiztool, rather than the alternative of having a
/cmds directory and a file for each command? The latter
is the way most mudlibs do it, and has been since, IIRC,
LPMUD 3.something. What's the advantage of the wiztool
method?

Steve