[DGD]*whispers* windows....

Nightlith nightlith at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 17 22:44:18 CET 2001

> >I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good mudlib for DGD on Windows?
>
> DGD is DGD, on any platform, and Dworkin goes to considerable effort to
> make it that way.  So whatever mudlib you choose, it will run equally well
> on any platform.
>
> The mudlib is the problem.  There doesn't seem to be very many of them
> around, and none (that I know of) that really show off what DGD can do.
> Please prove me wrong, someone!
>
> There's Melville, and 2.4.5 which you really don't want to use.  Any
> others?

I don't...I like Melville because it's straight forward, and let's you go
any where you want with it. I'm presently trying to turn it into a Fantasy
combat mud.

> Is anyone out there interested in writing one?  It's way too much for me
> do on my own (time and skill), but I'd like to get involved in a group
> project.  I can (probably) offer a host for a development mud (not open to
> the public), and start a mailing list for it.  I couldn't do shell access
> to the host, so an ftp client would definitely be the first thing to do
:-)

Wouldn't know where to start! But I'd love to team up. Two heads are better
then one, and I'm still learning too. Let me know if you're interested.

Dereck