[DGD]mudlib features

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 9 04:33:55 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:27:07PM -0600, Michael J. Bacon wrote:

> 	A distributed simulation is very simple and easy for the end user to
> understand, eh?  He said "understand", not "program".

No.  He said "non-computer scientist", indicating the people out there
that 'play' with LPC and/or DGD but don't have a formal education in
the field.  One would assume that he is talking about this group in
the sense that they will want to browse the LPC code and figure out
what is going on there.

> >By the way, what is with all the odd quoting habits all of a sudden,
> >can't you people (a) only quote what is relevant and (b) reply below
> >that which you are responding to?
>
> 	Well, you see, I come from a free country where we can compose
> emails any
> particular way we want.  I'm sorry if it doesn't comply with your personal
> sense of order or aesthetics, but you know, life really isn't fair
> sometimes, is it?

Aaaaaaaah, daddy, this one is funny, he says 'free country'!  Can I
play with him, please?  Pretty please?!

Ahem.

Do you write because you like to see your own handwriting, or do you
write because you think that what you are saying is a useful
contribution to the discussion?  If the latter, I fail to understand
why you aren't making that little extra bit of effort to make that
which you were saying easily readable to your audience but instead
make them flip up and down 2 or three times from what you're saying to
what you are responding to, in order to figure out what part of it
your bit of text is a reaction.

Sense of order or aesthetics?  Puhleeze.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte      : `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl  :    -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>