[DGD] write_file question

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Fri Aug 30 03:11:11 CEST 2002

I'm using write_file to keep logs of various happenings in the
mudlib.  I've been using a separate file for each entity to be logged
(mobiles, for instance).  I just recently added in automatic wandering to
the mobiles, and the log files became very large.  I also noticed a slow
down in the mud at about the same time.

Will write_file take up more time to append to large files?  The files in
question were about a megabyte when the slowdowns became extremely
bad.  The logs and the slowdown may not be related, but it seemed like an
obvious first question to ask.

Thanks,
Jay