[DGD] Echoing user input

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Wed Jun 26 00:02:59 CEST 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Felix A. Croes wrote:
> Jay Shaffstall <jshaffst at netwalk.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you are the telnet client that is included with Windows?  This
> program ignores the echoing hints from the server, and you can only
> turn local echo on or off through a menu command.

  One way you can test this is to download CRT (by VanDyke software) and
try using it.  I've had some newline oddities with it, but overall it's a
fine telnet client, the best I've found for Win32.

  I imagine that TeraTerm or other similar clients would work fine too,
but I haven't tried them.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!