[DGD] Echoing user input

Jay Shaffstall jshaffst at netwalk.com
Wed Jun 26 04:42:52 CEST 2002

> > Perhaps you are the telnet client that is included with Windows?  This
> > program ignores the echoing hints from the server, and you can only
> > turn local echo on or off through a menu command.
>
>   One way you can test this is to download CRT (by VanDyke software) and
>try using it.  I've had some newline oddities with it, but overall it's a
>fine telnet client, the best I've found for Win32.

I tried CRT, and it does indeed perform the echoing properly.  I hadn't
realized the echoing was simply a hint to the client, which did the echoing
locally.  The clients I'm using must ignore that hint.

Thanks for the help!  I now understand the problem, and can put in a work
around for clients that don't do local echoing properly.

Jay