[DGD] Phantasmal mudlib

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Tue Mar 26 23:16:08 CET 2002

  I've been changing jobs, and so more than a little lax with Phantasmal
development these past few weeks -- I apologize, though that situation
will likely continue for another week or so as I get settled into my new
location.
  Anyway -- your question.

> I'm trying to get phantasmal working under DGD 1.2.41,
> and it's not working!  It seems to fail when compiling
> /kernel/sys/objregd with "bad argument 1 for kfun
> call_other".  The stack trace follows:
>
> 458 initialize        /kernel/sys/driver
>  389 call              /kernel/sys/driver
>   38 create            /usr/System/initd
>  922 do_initial_obj_setup /usr/System/sys/objectd
>  299 recompile_every_object /usr/System/sys/objectd
>  283 recompile_every_clonable /usr/System/sys/objectd
>  341 compile_object    /kernel/lib/auto
> (/usr/System/sys/objectd)

  If I remember the line number you cite correctly, specifically
/kernel/lib/auto line 341, it's a catch statement.  If I remember right
and that's true, I'd try backing up auto.c, removing the try/catch
construct, and running again.  You'll get the error in a new and exciting
location which may tell you more about where the problem occurs :-)

Alternately, if you know which line of objregd.c causes the problem you
could tell us that and I'll have a look.

In any case, I'll try updating from 1.2.35 (the latest version I've
currently tested with) to 1.2.41 when I can.  Can't tell you when that'll
be, though -- maybe not before the weekend.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!