[DGD] mudlib

Alex Swavely mud at swavely.net
Wed May 1 22:28:38 CEST 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Noah Gibbs wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Alex Swavely wrote:
> > is there a more complete mudlib available for the current versions of DGD
> > (1.2.x) preferably based on the Kernel lib?
>
>   Are you already familiar with Phantasmal, at
> "http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net"?  There's documentation available for
> DGD generally at the same site.

Yes, I did take a look at it..

> > I'd really like to find something that's about the level of completeness
> > of Melville 0.9 so that I can allow my wizards to come in and code the
> > main city's rooms while I'm hacking the mudlib core...
>
>   There's a feature comparison of the two on that site.  You'll find that
> Phantasmal is more complete in some areas and less complete in others.  It
> doesn't do MUDMail or social commands, for instance.  It *does* have a
> good OLC system and some tutorials already available.  Check them out for
> a better idea of how the builder interface works.  It's a little obscure,
> and I'm working on that...

I wasn't able to tell from the documents whether the Phantasmal
implementation would allow for "standard" coded rooms and objects, or if
they needed to be in the "buildertool" (whatever) format...

Personally I'm a hardcore LPCer from before MudOS and it'd be more
comfortable for me to hand hack my rooms and objects, but my inexperienced
wizards (I am getting them from a hardcore RPG background)  would
certainly like your tool.