[DGD] Melville 0.9

Mikael Lind z94lind at mtek.chalmers.se
Thu May 2 21:53:36 CEST 2002

Quoting Stephen Schmidt from 15:04, 2002-05-02:

> Would it make sense to have a "recreate" command in a mud which
> would destroy the object (blowing the data away), compile the
> new version, and then invoke create() in the new object? Or
> would create() get invoked automatically when the object was
> loaded de novo?

If you destruct a master object and then compile it again, create()
is automatically invoked. And sure, a "recreate" command would make
sense. (Alternatively, if you are a big fan of command flags, add a
-d flag to your "compile" command instead.)

> Or do I have some hideous misunderstanding hidden in the question?

I think not.

// Mikael / Elemel