[DGD] Problems with too many...

Tavis Elliott tavise at nwlink.com
Wed Nov 27 00:20:21 CET 2002

> When i started the driver(i'm running linux) it said:
> "Too many functions declared"..So, i edited the
> codegenc.c and control.c and set the values to
> 500 instead of 255. Now, it says i have "too many undefined functions"
> I tried to do the same thing in control.c - just change
> the value in the if-statement..and re-make'ed it.
> Then i got a "segmention fault" by the driver when i tried
> to connect. Isn't there a value in another file i must change
> too? Like I did in codegenc.c.. Well, I would be glad if you
> helped me out, my mud isn't starting now, unless i remove a
> lot of functions from my lib.
>
> Alphoen.

Usually when the code prevents you from having too many of a thing, it is
because there is an array constraint, or something similar (such as a
bitmask).  This would be consistant with the seg. fault, as by removing the
constraint you are allowing the code to walk off the end of the array, and
thereby tromp on something else's memory space ... If it is feasible, you
should try to track down such a data structure and increase its size to
match your new constraint.

I don't have an actual solution for you, but perhaps this can help you in
the right direction.

-Tavis