[DGD] bind() in driver

War Pinzell dgd at janus.tundra.org
Fri Oct 11 22:14:02 CEST 2002

>>I may be misunderstanding the question, but the telnet_port and
>>binary_port are specified in the config file. Perhaps the #defined
>>term is defining a piece of code rather than a fixed constant? I do
>>not do driver source, so cannot provide a better answer.
>
>He's talking about e.g. an ethernet interface binding several addresses or a
>machine having several interfaces or some other reason why a server could bind
>e.g. port 4000 on 192.168.1.1 but not on 192.168.1.2 or, say, 127.0.0.1 -- even
>though those addresses all point to the same machine.
>
>People use this functionality for e.g. Apache constantly. It is quite easy to
>implement in DGD -- I'll let Felix talk about whether or not he has any plans
>to put it into the distribution.

Although I must say I'm surprised and amazed that such a short-sighted,
arrogant, mud dweller got it, yes, this is what I'm asking about. And yes, I'm
aware that it's easy to implement. I'm asking because if Felix has no plans to
implement it, I will do so myself and maintain it as a patch to DGD-current.

War