[DGD] Windows DGD and ANSI

Joshua P. Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Mon Oct 28 23:15:24 CET 2002

Jesse Garrison wrote:
> I downloaded cygwin and the 1.2p2 source, but I'm not sure how to use
> cygwin. Could someone explain how to compile the windows version of DGD
> under cygwin? Or does someone have a windows executable of DGD 1.2p2 or
> later with ANSI enabled?

Just to clear things up a little, are you hoping to build the
Windows-ified version of DGD, the one with a menubar, a scrolling output
window, and a spiffy icon?  If so, I don't think any of us have tried to
accomplish this from cygwin.  Many of us have built a copy of DGD that
resembles a UNIX build of DGD from cygwin, though.

In a related issue, may we assume you are not familiar with building and
installing UNIX software distributed as source code?