[DGD] Running a DGD mud on Linux

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Apr 4 20:22:56 CEST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Jay Shaffstall wrote:
> idea of querying it (finally, a use for the binary port!) periodically is a
> great one.

  Thanks.  But I hope you're aware that, just on principle, I'm gonna have
to take exception to what you said in parens there :-)

  Uses for the binary port:  telnet option negotiation (for instance if
you were going to support MCP/MSP/MCCP/etc), better general telnet
handling, ANSI color codes in vanilla DGD (again on a custom telnet port),
passive FTP, debugging parser errors (when your main port parser is
screwed up), HTTPD...

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!