[DGD] Speed Up?

Jorn.Bakker at phil.uu.nl Jorn.Bakker at phil.uu.nl
Mon Apr 7 13:48:14 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I'm currently working on an agent which should eventually play a MUD
the same way a human player would do. The point is that the agent, which is
already implemented in DGD, uses an adaptive learning algoritm. As a
result of
the nature of this algoritm the agent has to execute a lot of actions in
order to
receive enough information to be able to learn anything. So I'm looking
for a way
to speed up this process.
I'm not very familiar with the lower levels of DGD. I have found in the
documentation
that 'call_out' can be called with an optional delay parameter. According
to the
documentation this delay :
 "The minimum delay is 0 seconds, for a function that is to be called as
soon as possible after termination of the current thread. If the delay is
an integer, the function will be called after approximately the specified
number of seconds.  Otherwise, the delay	must be a floating point number
less than or equal to 60.0, and the function will be called with a
millisecond resolution."

I have tried to alter the delay in "heart" and "tick" to 0.01. But this
has no effect on the speed with which the agent operates. Does anyone know
what I've missed? And what
implications does a speedup have in terms of resources (memory, processing
time)?
It would really help if I found out how speed up my agent.

kind regards

Jorn