[DGD] Sourceforge

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 04:31:14 CEST 2003

  I use SourceForge pretty extensively, but I don't
run my MUD server there.  I run a server only on my
home machine currently, under Linux.  I use the
SourceForge shell accounts only for pretty trivial
stuff like copying web pages into place.  I could do
75% of the work I currently do in the shell with scp
if I were so inclined.

  I do, of course, use their CVS and web hosting
space.  New features tend to sit on my machine only
until they basically work and then get submitted.
There are occasional exceptions for features that are
very large and can't be submitted in parts (an
overhaul of the SYSTEM_USER object would qualify, for
instance).  But mainly I store the project on the
SourceForge servers and just keep it mirrored locally.

  I also use SourceForge bug tracking.  SourceForge is
the only place I keep that information, but aside from
the picky details of the individual bugs, there's very
little there that I couldn't quickly regenerate.
Mostly it's supplemental documentation.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com