[DGD] Cancelling input_to()

Matt S. matt at whedimer.com
Wed Apr 30 23:39:31 CEST 2003

In user.c of the Melville lib there should be a variable for the input
object and input function (even if you don't use the lib, it should be
the basic idea) :

object input_obj;	/* object for input_to */
static string input_func; /* function for input_to */

If you can place a function in the user object that clears the object,
you can safely get out of the input_to (Look at receive_message() ).
Then just call the function in whatever object you want. You might want
to place security restrictions on this function since it can adversely
effect things if you rely heavily on input_to's.  And yes, it seems
possible to do it with a time_out function, but I've never tried it,
nor the answer given above.
However, I haven't tested this, so I can't be sure.

Matt S.