[DGD] newbie questions

Greg Gill ggill at vci.net
Sun Aug 17 06:31:52 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm new to setting up a mud. I primarily want to use it to learn some c
coding. My programming background includes visual basic, java, javascript,
vbscript, and html. I have downloaded DGD1.2p3 and Melville0.9.1 as the lib. I
choose melville because the code is extremely well documented. I have gotten
it to compile and can telnet into it. I thought I might start with something
simple, like modifying how the who list is shown. Right now, melville's who
list displays like this:

The following players are logged into your mud
name, name2

What I would like to do is make it display like this,

The following players are logged into your mud
name
name2

After looking through a lot of the code, I think the line break is \n but I
can't seem to find the right insertion point in who.c .
I think it should be name+"\n" instead of what it reads now. Any help?

Also, if you think there is a different lib I should be using for this
endeavor, any ideas would be appreciated. Go easy on me, I know these are
probably questions asked everyday.

Thanks
Greg

VCI WebMail