[DGD] newbie questions

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Sun Aug 17 20:50:46 CEST 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Greg Gill wrote:
> Right now, melville's who list displays like this:
>
>: The following players are logged into your mud
>: name, name2
>
> What I would like to do is make it display like this,

> The following players are logged into your mud
> name
> name2

That'll be a problem if you ever have more than about 20 players,
though you can probably pipe the output through more (IIRC
Melville has built-in code for that).

> After looking through a lot of the code, I think the line break is \n

That's correct.

> I think it should be name+"\n" instead of what it reads now. Any help?

I believe that's correct too. "Try it and see what happens" is
always a good strategy, as long as rebooting is an option if
you're wrong. (I guess in a persistent environment "try it and
see what happens" can be a very poor strategy.)

Steve