[DGD] Impressed with DGD

Christopher Darque thedarque at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 11:32:50 CET 2003

--- David Jackson <atari_x at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I have come to the realization that I haven't the foggiest
> notion of who you are, but from the way that you carry
> yourself, and the absolute stunning notion you have of
> yourself, I have the feeling that perhaps I should get to
> know you, before completely blowing you off as a totally
> pretentious fop.

I have heard some wonderful descriptions of myself over
the years, my favorite being 'he has an ego the size of
a small third-world country with a population explosion',
but yours made me laugh in a way I have not in a while,
thanks.

> Greetings!  I am David Jackson,

Glad to meet you. I was born in 1962 and started to program
in 1973, before the end of the first intro class I wrote my
first game. The next semester I ran the Computer Lab and
wrote the program to be used as the final in the advanced
programming class I was taking.

When BBSs came along I created a multi-State game group
called (-) Zone Central. We took door games like Trade
War, Ultimate Universe, and Land of Devistation and put
Role Playing on top of them. Via Netmail and dedicated
Echo channels I wove a story of aliens who thought the
internet was a real place and who mixed with the human
players.

During this time I won the first, and possibily only,
art contest the game LOD ever had, and took over all
management of the small game Ultimate Universe for about
a year. During the time I was involved with UU we went
from about 500 registered users to over 5,000!

Then came the Internet, and Muds. I have worked on more
than I can remember, mostly LP but spent some time on
the home of PennMush and a few other flavors along the
way.

I Co-Owned the game 'The Empire of Orion', we took an
old game, ripped out all the areas and 1/3 of the code
and built all of the systems I have been discussing
in my previous posts. That game ended when the woman
I was running it with and I realized we could not share
power without it causing problems in our personal life.

But she lives with me now so I lost a game but gained
a girlfriend. This next part tends to offend some people,
and if you are one then sorry, when I gained this new
girlfriend I already had one, and had for 10 years before
that. But she liked the new one and for 3 years we all
lived together in a 3-way relationship.

But eventually, as these things often do, the original
girlfriend decided she could not deal with the new one
and she moved out.

I could mention a few more things, like the Bands, but
that should be enough for now.

Darque
(-)

=====