[DGD] DGD & Simulations

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 3 03:43:49 CET 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 06:31:32PM -0800, Dannic wrote:
[...]
> Why do that when popular clients that quite a few
> mudders use has this built into the client.
[...]

Possible reasons: Licencing for commercial use might be troublesome,
platforms supported might be insufficient (some people actually like
having an almost-platform-independent solution like Java), install
procedure and potential complications thereof (a.k.a. DLL hell).

Disclaimer: I work for Skotos but was not involved in the decision
process of picking the (original) clients so I don't know if these
were the _actual_ reasons at the time.

Cheers,

Erwin.
--